DCNS believes that the sea is this planet’s future. DCNS is inventing high-tech solutions to sustainably secure and develop its potential. The era of the sea has come. That era will also be ours.
“In addition to giving meaning to everything we do and helping employees and stakeholders pull together, our vision for 2020+ reinforces the objectives outlined in our championship growth strategy. While our vision describes our destination, our strategy sets our course,” says Patrick Boissier, Chairman & CEO of DCNS.
The importance of the sea to our planet’s future is central to DCNS’ vision for the future.
The oceans hold the keys to the human, economic and environmental challenges facing our planet over the coming decades:
- the oceans play a major role in climate regulation and represent 97% of the water on Earth, two key considerations in meeting environmental challenges;
- marine ecosystems are rich in raw materials, minerals and biodiversity, representing largely unexplored potential to overcome diminishing land resources;
- the seas feed billions of people and play a crucial role in international trade (shipping, telecommunications, etc.), all critical to continuing population growth and economic development;
- worldwide, marine and maritime business represent sales of around €1.5 trillion;
- one-third of the world’s oil and 20% of its gas come from offshore resources;
- the oceans offer inexhaustible sources of renewable energy (whether in the form of ocean winds, currents and tides or temperature differences between deep and surface water, not to mention seafloor hydrothermal springs) representing potential answers to the rapidly expanding demand for clean energy;
- last but not least, the sea offers freedom and space to dream for one and all.
DCNS’ vision for the future:
- is based on respect for humankind and our environment;
- sees social and professional diversity as important benefits;
- encompasses DCNS’ ambition to achieve world leadership in its core areas of expertise, specifically naval defence, energy (civil nuclear engineering and marine renewable energy), along with the survey and sustainable development of the oceans’ potential;
- aims for long-term balance between DCNS’ main business activities, specifically domestic naval defence, international naval defence and ‘new markets’;
- sees innovation and international development as essential to the Group’s profitable growth;
- calls for customer partnerships based on listening and dialogue and day-in/day-out commitment;
- is based on a powerful network of partnerships with industrial enterprises of all sizes as well as universities, research centres and technology-focused clusters.
DCNS’ vision, the fruit of 12 months’ work by a Group-wide team, reflects the Group’s determination to invent its own future. It was presented to DCNS employees earlier in the year.
To project this vision, DCNS has changed its corporate tagline from “Strength at Sea” to “Sea the Future”. The new tagline expresses the importance the Group attaches to the sea for the future of humankind and DCNS’ capacity for innovation.
+ 33 (0)1 40 59 55 69
+33 (0)6 61 97 36 63