CONTRALTO®-V system Torpedo defense system for surface vessels
CONTRALTO®-V is the only system capable of countering new generation torpedoes. Its deployment speed coupled with the confusion / dilution concept make it a very effective solution, whatever the threat.
Developed to counter advanced torpedoes, CONTRALTO®-V is based on the confusion/dilution concept. Designed to be integrated within any surface ship, for brand new platforms or during modernisation programs, it includes the reaction system, launching devices and CANTO®-V effectors.
CANTO®-V is immediately effective when deployed reducing the reaction time when the threat is classified at very short distance. The cloud of dozen constantly renewed false acoustic targets created by CANTO®-V effectors disturbs the torpedo in few seconds. The torpedo wastes its energy attacking false targets. Meanwhile, the evasive manoeuvre allows the vessel to leave the area totally safe.
– Confusion/Dilution concept
– Developed to counter advanced torpedoes
– Better efficiency lowering effectors consumption
– Compatible with anti-missile defense systems for dual ship protection
- Acoustic High-level active emitter
- Frequency Wideband
- Autonomy >10 minutes
- Diameter / length / weight130 mm / < 900 mm / < 20 Kg
- Shelf life20 years