F21 Heavyweight Torpedo The French Navy’s new heavyweight torpedo
Thanks to its stealth, range and fire power, F21 is the most advanced torpedo on the world market and will remain so for many years to come. Its intelligence added to high performances contributes to guarantee tactical superiority. In many ways, the F21 is more an offensive unmanned underwater vehicle (UUV) than a conventional torpedo.
Exploiting a range of innovations and advances in torpedo technology, a single F21 is able to knock out any surface combatant or submarine. The high energy density AgO-Al primary battery offers both high maximum speed and extended range while the new-generation acoustic head guarantees improved search efficiency from very shallow to deep waters. Fully digitized technologies result in an improved signal processing and enhanced overall performance. Meeting the French Navy’s stringent requirements, F21 is suitable for use with all submarines, from SSBNs & SSNs to conventional-propulsion types and can be deployed in swim-out or push-out modes.
– Dual purpose : anti-submarine & anti-ship
– Green & blue water capabilities
– High speed and endurance
– Long-range fibre optic wire guidance
– Combined wake/acoustic homing
– Countermeasure resistant
- Hull diameter/length/Weight 533mm / 6 000mm / 1.3 ton
- Speed Variable step-less from < 25kts to > 50kts
- Autonomy ~1h
- Range >50km
- Operational depthFrom < 10m to > 500m