DCNS manufactures the main primary circuit capacities for naval pressurized water propulsion reactors fitted in the French Navy's nuclear-powered vessels.
Principal nuclear components
DCNS manufactures the main primary circuit capacities for naval pressurized water propulsion reactors fitted in the French Navy’s nuclear-powered vessels.
On-board pressurized-water nuclear reactor tanks
– Internal tank linings
– Steam generators
These equipments satisfy the French and international codes of construction RCC-M and ASME for the nuclear components and the CODAP for the auxiliary capacities.
Products that stand out for their high level of manufacturing and performance quality
– Safety and reliability
– Exceptional operating life
– Optimum availability and maintainability
Through these realizations, DCNS developed an exceptional know-how in conception and in manufacturing of equipments under pressure, heat exchangers and nuclear boilermaking which he suggests putting in the service of the civil nuclear power.
Nuclear reactor engineering
DCNS designs and realizes the surrounding wall of seclusion of the nuclear reactor that he is embarked (submarines or aircraft carriers) or intended for the trial reactor RES.
In the continuity of the mission of nuclear engineering which is assured by AREVA TA under responsibility of project ownership CEA (ATOMIC ENERGY AUTHORITY), DCNS also realizes the following operations on the nuclear reactor:
– Detailed design and production of boiler circuits and modules (e.g. K15).
– Study and manufacturing of suspended modules integrating circuits and all the associated equipments.
– Boiler assembly and ship fitting
As a supplement to its activities of construction, DCNS participates significantly in the exploitation of these reactors via the following tasks:
– Operations on working reactors
– Service lots for programmed maintenance on nuclear-powered vessels
– One-off service operations
– Preparation of handling operations on the boiler unit (Tank/GV)
– In-service checks
– Monitoring of 2nd and 3rd barriers
– Inspections on all exchangers
– Evaluation, diagnostics, in particular on materials and associated not destructive controls.
System energy propulsion
DCNS is the prime contractor of the development and realization for the whole machine vapor associated with the reactor. For that purpose, DCNS realizes the complete engineering of this system, as well as some principal equipment. DCNS assures then the manufacturing of this machine, its assembly on a cradle, then its integration in the hull of the submarine.
To bring to a successful conclusion these multiple tasks and guarantee the good performances of this complex system, DCNS groups together all the necessary professions by the thermal of set in the automatism of the control command, from the design of complex systems to the work of integration on construction site by way of the trials of validation whether it is on buckle or offshore. The whole in an environment forced at the same moment by the requirements of compactness, reliability but also high performance (held the shocks, the acoustic discretion, etc.).
The major equipments which constitute this machine which DCNS conceives and realizes are: Condensers and coolers “sea water”.
– The mechanical equipments of propulsion (gearboxes, abutments, line of tree, helixes, etc.).
– The circuits
– The cradle support of the whole machine